- Floorplans – to find Collection areas in the Library.
- Connect to WiFi – help setting up a connection on your device.
- Borrow & renew books, return books, fetch service
- Pay fines – on overdue books.
- Copying, printing and scanning – self-service in the Library.
- Document Supply Service – provided by Library staff to readers.
- Digitisation Studio – a commercial service for small to medium sized projects.
- Free notebook & iPad loans – available within the LIbrary.
- Rent a private study carrel
- Training, induction sessions – for school groups and individuals.
- Hire a venue – for a book launch, meeting, conference.
- Tell us what you think – share feedback about our services.
New to the Library?
News and events
Incorporating items from the Library’s impressive paranormal holdings, events include: Geraldine Beskin on Helen Duncan (prosecuted in 1944 under the Witchcraft Act), Michael Coffey’s live recreation of a fraudulent séance, Sarah Sparkes on artistic responses to our paranormal holdings, and a guided walk by author Scott Wood to sites of spiritualist and occult interest.
The Library offers a commercial digitisation solution for small to medium-scale projects. The Digitisation Studio is supported by the Library’s Conservation Team.
Discover rare books, fascinating manuscripts and objects that tell London’s story. The exhibition includes items from Senate House Library, the LSE and UCL libraries.
From the blog
2015 marks the 300th anniversary of Alexander Pope’s Iliad. Karen Attar highlights this translation, which took Pope more than six years to complete.