Database Login Guides
- Firefox 2.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- We strongly recommend you use the Firefox browser, which may be downloaded from http://www.mozilla.com/
- If you use Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0 we suggest that you set your privacy options. To do this go to: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy .. click SITES (half way down the page).
- In the address of the website box add: https//idp.uolia.london.ac.uk and click Allow on the right.
On the portal home page select the tab at the top of the page to access the Online Library. This will take you to your Online Library course gateway. The databases are listed on the right hand side of the page.
- Alternatively, go directly to the Online Library website. Select your course gateway, and then select Databases from the resources box.
- Select Jstor from the list of databases available to you.
- This takes you to the JSTOR home page. In top right corner select Login, as shown below.
- Under Login via an institution there are three options to locate your institution:
- Select Show more to view the full list of UK institutions,
- Search by name (University of London: Online Library),
- Search by country. Choose United Kingdom and click search to view the full list of UK institutions.
PLEASE NOTE: To log in with an Athens account scroll down the list of institutions to University of London and click Login.
TOP TIP Select 'login' in the top right to register and set your own personal JSTOR account. By registering you can save your searches, and citations.
Updated Sept. 2013